Man beaten by husband over missing N2,000

Woman beaten by husband over missing N2000

The police in urban center State have launched a hunting for a resident of Azeez Olaosebikan Street, Agege, Babatunde Igbara, when he allegedly battered his wife’s eyes.

The man reportedly rained punches on the 38-year-old lady, Gbemisola Igbara, within the presence of their four kids till her eyes
became swollen.

PUNCH railroad line learnt that Babatunde had approached the victim on Monday morning, 2 days when he was discharged on bail from the Kirikiri jail, stringent if she took the N2,000 he unbroken within the area.

He was aforesaid to possess suspect her of stealing the money and resorted to violence once she refuted the allegation.

Our correspondent gathered that it took the intervention of the couple’s neighbours to revive order to the home whereas the incident was reportable at the building Police Division.

Gbemisola told PUNCH railroad line on Thursday that the 12-year-old wedding had been fraught with quarrels, adding that she determined to endure the assaults attributable to her kids.

She said, “I was terribly weak that morning attributable to the strain I competent to secure his bail from the jail over a land matter. He woke ME up and asked if I took N2,000 from his garments. I said no. once he continuing to accuse ME, I asked him why he thought i might steal his cash after I spent over N20,000 and borrowed cash from friends to facilitate his unharness.

“I told him to prevent worrying ME. He then started punching ME within the face and my eyes became swollen. My kids begged him, however he refused. it had been our neighbours United Nations agency saved ME from him. i'm fed up; however I don’t need to pack out attributable to my kids,” she said.

Gbemisola explained that an analogous incident happened a couple of year past and he or she reportable to the police at the Ile Epo division.

She aforesaid her husband’s mother prevailed on her to withdraw that case from the station.

“I will not bear the beating. He beats ME to the purpose that I won’t be able to open my buy days. I took a loan of N200,000 to start out the business, however it's been tough on behalf of me to repay it attributable to these troubles. I even have reportable to the police at the building division and that they secure to urge him inactive,” she further.

However, Babatunde, United Nations agency spoke with our correspondent on the phonephone in Yoruba, denied assaulting his married person, voice communication she slipped throughout the wrangle and got lac.

“I didn’t beat her. it had been a lie. it had been true that we have a tendency to had a misunderstanding that day however I ne'er used my hands on her. She fell associate degreed hit her face on an object. i would like to envision you in order that I will make a case for higher. Our families are attempting to resolve it,” he said.

But some neighbours of the couple, United Nations agency spoke with our correspondent, aforesaid that they had suggested Gbemisola to quit the connection owing to the violence.

One of them, Akeem Alabi, said, “Many individuals on our street grasp he has turned the lady to a punching bag. i made a decision to require her image and post it on the web when he beat her on Monday. i would like rights activists and security agencies to come back to her aid and guarantee justice is served.”

The urban center State Police promotion Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, had nonetheless to reply to a text message sent to her phone on the incident as of press time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog